We developed these as part of the BBC2.0 project. I’ve been meaning to publish them for a while since they were signed off by the BBC board. They’re perpetually draft.
1. Build web products that meet audience needs: anticipate needs not yet fully articulated by audiences, then meet them with products that set new standards. (nicked from Google)
2. The very best websites do one thing really, really well: do less, but execute perfectly. (again, nicked from Google, with a tip of the hat to Jason Fried)
3. Do not attempt to do everything yourselves: link to other high-quality sites instead. Your users will thank you. Use other people’s content and tools to enhance your site, and vice versa.
4. Fall forward, fast: make many small bets, iterate wildly, back successes, kill failures, fast.
5. Treat the entire web as a creative canvas: don’t restrict your creativity to your own site.
6. The web is a conversation. Join in: Adopt a relaxed, conversational tone. Admit your mistakes.
7. Any website is only as good as its worst page: Ensure best practice editorial processes are adopted and adhered to.
8. Make sure all your content can be linked to, forever.
9. Remember your granny won’t ever use “Second Life”: She may come online soon, with very different needs from early-adopters.
10. Maximise routes to content: Develop as many aggregations of content about people, places, topics, channels, networks & time as possible. Optimise your site to rank high in Google.
11. Consistent design and navigation needn’t mean one-size-fits-all: Users should always know they’re on one of your websites, even if they all look very different. Most importantly of all, they know they won’t ever get lost.
12. Accessibility is not an optional extra: Sites designed that way from the ground up work better for all users
13. Let people paste your content on the walls of their virtual homes: Encourage users to take nuggets of content away with them, with links back to your site
14. Link to discussions on the web, don’t host them: Only host web-based discussions where there is a clear rationale.
15. Personalisation should be unobtrusive, elegant and transparent: After all, it’s your users’ data. Best respect it.
- [2022-11-16 10:11:43] windows2012程序在哪
- [2022-04-14 11:01:47] 力图数字科技配套网站服务支持
- [2021-05-18 10:14:11] 青岛网站建设的流程
- [2021-04-29 10:14:38] 企业定制化官网建设项目
- [2021-03-05 10:34:45] 移动互联时代房地产行业的微信小程序解决方案
- [2021-01-22 17:29:38] 微信小程序有哪些优势？为什么要开发微信小程序？
- [2021-01-08 17:28:04] 网站建设最容易忽略的人性化设计
- [2020-12-16 16:55:32] 建设一个常规的公司网站建设成本大概是多少？
- [2020-10-28 11:21:27] 关于青岛网站建设的一些看法
- [2020-10-13 11:09:42] 青岛网站建设不用怕，这些小技巧来帮你
- [2020-07-22 09:43:21] 什么样的建站公司才是值得信赖的？
- [2019-10-16 10:21:11] 5G时代，网站建设公司必须要重视移动端体验
轮胎行业网站设计解决方案 机械行业网站设计解决方案 房地产行业网站设计解决方案 科技企业网站设计解决方案 电子家电网站设计解决方案 食品行业网站设计解决方案 集团公司网站设计解决方案 企事业单位网站设计解决方案 外贸行业网站设计解决方案 健身运动网站设计解决方案 美容与化妆品网站设计解决方案 建筑设计行业网站设计解决方案 物流行业网站设计解决方案